Funcube can't hear anything

The main aim of the FUNcube project is provide educationalists access to information about a real spacecraft in Low Earth Orbit. Please use this forum to discuss classroom projects and similar matters. FUNcube support is provided elsewhere in the forum.

Moderators: pa3weg, g4dpz, admin

Funcube can't hear anything

Postby ve3akjeff » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:08 am

Hi ... This is my first post and I have a FunCube Pro that can't hear anything.
Let me first say that I bought this device when they first came out... maybe three years ago.
I could hear a few aircraft calls using my 137 mHz quadrifier antenna in the attic. This antenna
always worked well with my NOAA's from Fla... to James Bay using a home-brew receiver.

I connected the FunCube... it could not hear the NOAA's even when overhead. A friend tested it
with a commercial piece of test equipment and it was replaced by the supplier in the UK. Got the second one
and same thing... This week I followed the instruction to make the upgrade exactly by the instructions. it checked ok
with version 18f. Plugged it in the usb using SDR Sharp (drivers loaded ok) and when a NOAA went over top... it
didn't hear it. I quickly inserted my NooElectric dongle and copied the satellite solid.

I would like to send the FC to someone in the US or Canada that has success with one to see if I have another deaf FC
Please let me know if you can help... I have burnt myself out trying to get this FC to work ... Jeff ve3ak / ve3coj
ve3akjeff

Return to Schools