am new and need help[

An area to discuss the design and development of a system to maintain information on satellites and their characteristics

Moderators: pa3weg, g4dpz, admin

am new and need help[

Postby M6LND » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:41 pm

Hi all
am new to the world of funcube dongle pro+ and need some help with what it can do ,
so far i have tryed it on air band, marine band 2M band and 70cm using my 2m/70cm antenna and they seem to work
and even got it to work with a WX sat noaa 15,18,19 just by chance but it did not draw from frqs it said, its was from 137.805
the pictures that came out where not black and white it was just black and a coloured out line of the europe.
so what went wrong ? where was the clouds and photo like image how do i get them ?.

so this what i have as follows
1 software SDR SHARP
2 WX TO IMG not very good
3 2M?70CM atnenna
what else do i need ? what software is best ? and what else can i do with dongle and what can i do with it ?
any help would be fantastic
many thanks
Neil
M6 LND
M6LND

Re: am new and need help[

Postby vk2byf » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:02 am

Sorry mate
I saw your complaint and wondered why no one replied.

I'm new too
I got replies to my questions ok.
Anyway I read your questions and I know exactly why no one replied.

Re read your question and think about how you would answer such a question.

Ask yourself what does this guy want?

Regards Bob
vk2byf

Re: am new and need help[

Postby 13HS2423 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:22 pm

M6LND wrote:Hi all
am new to the world of funcube dongle pro+ and need some help with what it can do ,
so far i have tryed it on air band, marine band 2M band and 70cm using my 2m/70cm antenna and they seem to work
and even got it to work with a WX sat noaa 15,18,19 just by chance but it did not draw from frqs it said, its was from 137.805
the pictures that came out where not black and white it was just black and a coloured out line of the europe.
so what went wrong ? where was the clouds and photo like image how do i get them ?.

so this what i have as follows
1 software SDR SHARP
2 WX TO IMG not very good
3 2M?70CM atnenna
what else do i need ? what software is best ? and what else can i do with dongle and what can i do with it ?
any help would be fantastic
many thanks
Neil
M6 LND

Hi Neil,

I can receive NOAA sats and decode using WX2IMG using a setup similar to yours. I think the setup you describe should at least produce some sort of visible image -- even in the worst conditions you should be able to see the telemetry stripes on the image border.

If you're getting a black screen and an outline of a map, then you're 1) not on frequency or 2) audio data is not getting to the input of WX2Img.

Check and make sure you have "Swap IQ" and "Correct IQ" enabled in the Radio MenuCheckboxes on the left of the screen.

In WX2Img, does it attempt to record? Do you notice a change in volume as the satellite passes?

Best,
Paul

Make sure you
13HS2423

Return to General discussion