Greetings from Ecuador SUDAMERICA

The objectives of the FUNcube project are set out here.

Moderators: pa3weg, g4dpz, admin

Greetings from Ecuador SUDAMERICA

Postby GARYARIES » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:05 pm

I congratulate you on the great work done with the cube sat.

I also want to capture and experiment with telemetry signal from the cube sat in my country Ecuador located in the middle of the world and I guess will be interesting data for your database and that will be taken when the satellite passes through the middle of world.
  Please I ask your help to achieve this, because I need to know should I buy besides the DONGLE.
   Thank you very much and I hope your answers
GARY

Les felicito por el gran trabajo realizado con el cube sat.

Quiero también poder capturar la telemetría y experimentar con la señal que envía el cube sat desde mi país Ecuador que se encuentra en la mitad del mundo y supongo serán datos interesantes para su base de datos ya que serán tomados cuando el satélite pase por la mitad del mundo.
Por favor les pido su ayuda para poder lograrlo , pues necesito saber que debo comprar ademas el DONGLE.
Muchas gracias y espero sus respuestas.

Atte.
GARY
GARYARIES

Re: Greetings from Ecuador SUDAMERICA

Postby SGAARC » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi Gary

We are using a turnstile antenna designed for weather satellite reception and get reasonable results. Here is a link to the one we have http://www.moonraker.eu/turnstile-137-weather-satellite-antenna-1

You could also use a vertical colinear designed for the 2m Amateur band.

Both of the above antennas are omni-directional the first being more suited to receiving circular polarised signals.

You will also need a Windows PC with the Dashboard software installed for decoding the received signals.

Hope that helps.

Paul
M0HNF
SGAARC

Postby GARYARIES » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:31 pm

Thank you very much for your quick response.
I wonder where I find a website to track and predict when it will CubeSat about my country. I want to know if that would capture the telemetry on my country which is in the middle of the world is important for FUNcube, geographic conditions.
  As I can do to buy the DONGLE in my country?
GARYARIES

Postby AussieSusan » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:18 am

At the risk of pushing my own barrow if you have an iPhone or an iPad, you could use my Satellite Tracker program (and yes I do get some! money from the sales). It is intended for amateur radio people using the various amateur radio satellites but it does allow you to track any satellite listed in the CelesTrak web site.
There are also other similar programs for the same platforms as well as Android versions and Windows/Linux etc.. Try 'gpredict' and the other programs that are derived from it.
As far as I know nearly all of these programs/apps work by you setting your location and it will show you where the satellite is relative to that.
Susan
AussieSusan

Postby g4dpz » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:40 am

Hi,

You can also use AmsatDroid, developed independantly by one of the FUNcube team.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... amSatDroid

- Dave
g4dpz

Postby GARYARIES » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:04 pm

Muchas gracias por todas las respuestas.
Yo quiero saber además en lugar de usar el DONGLE que equipos debo usar??.
Thank you very much for all the answers.
   I also want to know instead of using the equipment that I use DONGLE?.
GARYARIES

Postby g4dpz » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 am

Is your question what equipment can I use instead of a dongle or what else do I need as well as the dongle?

Dave
g4dpz

Postby GARYARIES » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:38 pm

g4dpz wrote:Is your question what equipment can I use instead of a dongle or what else do I need as well as the dongle?

Dave

Yo necesito saber si para escuchar al FUNcube necesito otros equipos adicionales al DONGLE ??
yo tambien quiero saber si en lugar de usar el DONGLE , puedo poner otros equipos para captar als señales, y en ese caso que equipo necesito??

I need to know if I need to listen to FUNcube additional equipment to DONGLE?
  I also want to know if instead of using the DONGLE, I can put other teams to pick als signs, and if you need equipment?

Muchas gracias
GARYARIES

Postby AussieSusan » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:11 am

You will need an antenna to pick up the signal that the dongle will process, and this has been mentioned before in this thread and there are other threads talking about suitable antenna. The main concern here is to make sure that you can connect the antenna to the connector at one end of the dongle.
At the other end of the dongle is a USB connector that you will need to put into your computer (PS or Mac), perhaps through a (powered) USB hub.
The last thing will be software to control the dongle and, again, there are a number of threads here that mention some of the software you can use. Perhaps the simplest is the FunCube Dashboard (Windows) which lets you listen for the FunCube satellite signals and also decode them.
If you are wanting to use the FunCube Dongle as a general purpose SDR device, then there are a number of software packages available for a variety of computers - just check that they can talk to the FunCube Dongle as some can do this directly and others will need some additional software (plug-ins etc.)
Susan
AussieSusan

Return to Welcome