Anyone have success logging QSOs with LotW?

The objectives of the FUNcube project are set out here.

Moderators: pa3weg, g4dpz, admin

Anyone have success logging QSOs with LotW?

Postby WB4SON » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:31 pm

Hi,

I've made several AO-73 QSOs and would love to have them in LotW, however TQSL v 2.0 is rejecting them because the Satellite Name (AO-73) is "invalid". I suspect it is a matter of time before the ARRL updates their list of valid satellites, and I've sent a support request into LotW to point that out.

Has anyone had success logging the QSO to LotW yet?

73, Bob, WB4SON
WB4SON

Re: Anyone have success logging QSOs with LotW?

Postby 2e0sql » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:00 pm

All mine are refused too but there was an update on the Amsat-BB newsgroup saying that LoTW will support QSOs via AO-73 in an update sometime in the future so just a matter of waiting.
Peter, 2E0SQL
2e0sql

Postby wd9ewk » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:18 pm

WB4SON wrote:Hi,

I've made several AO-73 QSOs and would love to have them in LotW, however TQSL v 2.0 is rejecting them because the Satellite Name (AO-73) is "invalid". I suspect it is a matter of time before the ARRL updates their list of valid satellites, and I've sent a support request into LotW to point that out.

Has anyone had success logging the QSO to LotW yet?

Nobody has been able to use LotW for AO-73 QSOs yet. Several have reported submitting requests to ARRL for that, and the update would appear in a new TQSL configuration file that you would download from the LotW server and load into your TQSL program. ARRL hasn't committed to when this would happen. ARRL also has to update its LotW database, and then they will make available the new TQSL configuration file. Even if you manually edited the TQSL configuration file, the QSO uploads you make with AO-73 would be rejected by the server. With the holiday weekend, I don't expect anything to happen until next week - hopefully!

73!
Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/ - Twitter: @WD9EWK
wd9ewk

Postby WB4SON » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:29 pm

Just received the following email from a LotW administrator who says the issue with LotW and AO-73 has been resolved:

"New version (Ver. 2.7) of configuration file config.xml now available on Logbook server. Changed in config.xml version 2.7: Added entry for AO-73 (FunCube) to list of recognized satellites. Please log into your LoTW account, click on YOUR ACCOUNT - Your Certificates - download latest configuration file. This will update the satellite list and accept AO-73. You should be able to sign the QSOs with TQSL to make a TQ8 file with those QSOs."

73, Bob, WB4SON
WB4SON

Postby wd9ewk » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:00 pm

WB4SON wrote:Just received the following email from a LotW administrator who says the issue with LotW and AO-73 has been resolved:

"New version (Ver. 2.7) of configuration file config.xml now available on Logbook server. Changed in config.xml version 2.7: Added entry for AO-73 (FunCube) to list of recognized satellites. Please log into your LoTW account, click on YOUR ACCOUNT - Your Certificates - download latest configuration file. This will update the satellite list and accept AO-73. You should be able to sign the QSOs with TQSL to make a TQ8 file with those QSOs."

Yes, the updated file finally appeared this morning on the LOTW web site. There was a message posted on the AMSAT-BB list a couple of hours ago, announcing the same thing. I downloaded the new configuration file, uncompressed it, and saw AO-73 listed there. I'll put that in my TQSL program at home tonight, and get the AO-73 QSOs that have been sitting in my log uploaded. I expect to see a few QSLs, once I do that. :-)

73!
Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/ - Twitter: @WD9EWK
wd9ewk

Return to Welcome