[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
forum.funcube.org.uk • View topic - USB Sound Card recommendations

USB Sound Card recommendations

For the early roll-out of the Dashboard

Moderator: pa3weg

USB Sound Card recommendations

Postby g4cli » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:57 am

I've just downloaded the dashboard and connected my rig. The dashboard informs me that the USB Soundcard
isn't up to the job as it appears it cannot support 96kHz sampling.

Has anyone managed to get a USB sound card working with the dashboard?

(Ideally, I don't want to tie up the main system soundcard with dashboard)

73 and thanks in advance

Dave G4CLI
g4cli

Re: USB Sound Card recommendations

Postby G3VDB » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:37 pm

Hi Dave

I am new to this (so this is not a definitive answer).

From the error message, (which I get with a normal USB sound card), it appears you do need a 96kHz sample rate. I expect that is because most of the target audience (education) are expected to use Funcube Dongle Pro Plus at 96kHz and not need to retune manually to compensate for doppler.

USB sounds cards of 24 bit / 96kHz are available but some are not cheap. The StarTech ICUSBAUDIO2D is available at around £23.50 which might be worth a try.

I have not tried it. (I am using a Funcube Dongle Pro Plus).

Jim
G3VDB
Jim Evans
Chelford, Cheshire
G3VDB

Postby Duncan » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:04 am

Jim is right, this is a bit of an artificial limitation of the dashboard, the auto tuning, decoding, was all written with the FCD in mind just re-using this for regular sound card input was the easiest option, unfortunately this does require the same 96k sampling rate as the dongle.
I am in the middle of some changes to this bit of code, so will see about supporting a 48k sampling rate, it shouldn't change things too much, and would be supported by almost all the sound cards out there, which would be nice...

Cheers,
Duncan.
Duncan

Postby n8mh » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:20 am

Maybe I'm not understanding the discussion, but I'm using two iMic USB sound cards as inputs with Dashboard. They say it's 1 channel, 16 bit, 48,000Hz (DVD quality).

Both work fine with the audio coming from my radios! Printing packets just fine.

Or did I miss something???

Mark N8MH
n8mh

Postby g0mjw » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:52 am

g0mjw

Return to Dashboard Software questions, problems and bug reports