Frame Number Discrepancy

For the early roll-out of the Dashboard

Moderator: pa3weg

Frame Number Discrepancy

Postby G3VDB » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:35 pm

Firstly, congratulations to everyone involved for the success of this project.

I just succeeded in decoding some frames on the last two passes. (FC Dongle Pro+ and Turnstile below roof level at about 20 feet - not ideal because of the Mexican Hat polar diagram).

I noticed a very minor documentation difference.

On the bottom of the Dashboard (and in the log) the frame number is identified as 12 (RT+HR1). In the latest edition of the "fun_download_data_Draft_13.doc" Section 5 Transmission Schedule, frames are numbered from 01 - 24 and (RT+HR1) is 13.

I suspect the frame index runs from 0 - 23 in the downlink, but I never received the first or last frame so I can't confirm. [As a technical document I would expect it to number the frames with the index transmitted].

Regards

Jim, G3VDB, in pedant mode.
Jim Evans
Chelford, Cheshire
G3VDB

Re: Frame Number Discrepancy

Postby g4dpz » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:32 pm

Hi Jim,

Yes it's 0-23 in the downlink.

So yes it does need changing for the wider audience.

Being zero based helps us with the processing in the Dashboard and Warehouse
when calculating offsets.

FYI, we will be releasing the source code for some of the project on GitHub shortly.

- Dave
g4dpz

Re: Frame Number Discrepancy

Postby G3VDB » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:08 pm

Thanks Dave.

I may take a look at the source when available. A couple of things I was instantly inspired to do with recorded sessions are not immediately possible on the current dashboard. I am sure there are lots of things in the pipeline for the target education audience, so no detail just now.

Interested that those uploading are mostly using callsigns as identifiers. More general publicity required!

Jim
G3VDB
Jim Evans
Chelford, Cheshire
G3VDB

Return to Dashboard Software questions, problems and bug reports