[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
forum.funcube.org.uk • View topic - FCD Pro+ & Dashboard v809

FCD Pro+ & Dashboard v809

For the early roll-out of the Dashboard

Moderator: pa3weg

FCD Pro+ & Dashboard v809

Postby G8OQW » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:11 am

Last edited by G8OQW on Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
G8OQW

Re: FCD Pro+ & Dashboard v809

Postby wd9ewk » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:35 pm

Hi!

I just tried copying telemetry with my FCD Pro+ and dashboard software v809. It claimed to use a center frequency of 145.925 MHz, but the signal showed up above 50000 on the bottom of the screen. I set the lower limit to 50000 to stay clear of the spike at the center of the display, and successfully copied 58 frames that have been uploaded to the warehouse. I have a small Dell Inspiron laptop with 6 GB RAM, Win7 Pro, and a Core i3 CPU, and the dongle was connected to an Elk dual-band log periodic I was holding while out in the yard. Following the signal at the bottom of the screen was a good guide to when I needed to twist the antenna in my hand, to keep a good signal coming into the dongle and dashboard software. Impressive setup, the dongle with dashboard software!

I did select the menu option to "Capture from FUNcube Dongle" when I had the dongle plugged in, and it went to work straight away. I don't seem to see what you were reporting. Maybe I needed to customize other settings to get what you saw? In any case, it seemed to work flawlessly.

I have worked satellites for many years, but this was the first time I ever attempted to copy telemetry. Last night, I used my Pro+ dongle as the downlink receiver for QSOs I made on VO-52 and FO-29, plus I talked to myself on an AO-73 pass in the late evening (no QSOs, but saw other signals including the telemetry). Other than the lag in processing the signals in software (I used HDSDR last night for the SSB QSOs), the dongle held up very well.

As the name of the satellite says, this is fun! Thanks to everyone for the satellite and dashboard software, and 73!
Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
- Twitter: @WD9EWK
wd9ewk

Postby mikeadams » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:31 pm

Just tried a pass over the UK using FCD Pro+ HDSDR and then feeding audio output into Dashboard.

What bandwidth setting should I be using on HDSDR? 96000/12000 ?? On the spectrum I can clearly see the long tones transmitted as part of the telemetry. Can I reduce the bandwidth on the outside of these two markers to focus on the signal? Using Orbitron to control the frequency of HDSDR. High pass across the UK - managed to decode 7 packets of data on that pass - 4 element beam in the loft. Could hear the telemetry for quite some time but not many decodes in Dashboard.
What frequency do I set on orbitron - 145935 ?? Any comments please 73 de Mike G0AMO
mikeadams

Postby G4ZFQ » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:39 pm

G4ZFQ

Postby G3VDB » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:15 am

Jim Evans
Chelford, Cheshire
G3VDB

Return to Dashboard Software questions, problems and bug reports