[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
forum.funcube.org.uk • View topic - Dashboard Version 8.14

Dashboard Version 8.14

For the early roll-out of the Dashboard

Moderator: pa3weg

Dashboard Version 8.14

Postby SGAARC » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:05 pm

This could well be just a coincidence but... Since upgrading to the latest version of the dashboard we aren't capturing as many frames. The best pass of the day yesterday, Monday 13th January captured nothing at all!

Is there anything I may have missed when performing the upgrade?

On the plus side, the audio monitoring level is much better. Showing the actual frequency in the tuning panel is good too.

Paul
M0HNF
SGAARC

Re: Dashboard Version 8.14

Postby wd9ewk » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:12 pm

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
- Twitter: @WD9EWK
wd9ewk

Postby mikeadams » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:48 pm

I am not convinced that my reception is better. Gave up with the Dongle as I get very few frames using it - so far quite disappointed with it and they are quite a cost!!

With a receiver attached via the soundcard I hear a lot of frames quite clearly but only the very strongest ones seem to decode. I can hear the satellite for a long time but decoding seems quite limited.

Mike G0AMO
mikeadams

Postby g0mjw » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:49 pm

You may be right as I have noticed it seems less sensitive with the latest version. Try using SDR# with the dongle and feeding demodulated audio into the dashboard.

However, the last pass this evening I got virtually nothing after the satellite passed to the North of me although I had a reasonably strong signal. I initially though it was FM modulation from the many excessive level signals in the transponder pass band but these tend to diminish as the satellite footprint moves further North, so it can't have been that. I suspect auroral spreading was the problem tonight but maybe there is a problem with the FEC or frequency tracking.

Mike
g0mjw

Postby M6GTG » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:42 am

Glad it isn't just me..

I updated and have found quite a drop in decoding performance, I have both a FCDP+ and the original FCD.

Even using a separate SDR program and the soundcard input I have been struggling to get more than a few frames on strong passes.
Andrew
M6GTG
M6GTG

Postby SGAARC » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:26 pm

Not a proper comparison but...

For the first pass today, when I could be at the station we used version 8.14 and captured three frames. However, the log file only shows data for two complete frames.
Start: 10:31:48
Azimuth: 157.8
Elevation: 19.9
End: 10:32:03
Azimuth: 160.0
Elevation:18.0

For the second pass we used version 8.09 and captured nine frames.
Start: 12:01:30
Azimuth: 357.8
Elevation: 10.0
End: 12:05:15
Azimuth: 301.4
Elevation:30.9

Both passes had a reasonably clear view as our potential blind spot is between 200 and 255
SGAARC

Postby M6GTG » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:25 pm

Just a update from my end, un-installed 8.14 and put back on 8.09 on for second pass at noon (31 degrees) managed 4 frames..
Interestingly despite the un-install it remembered my settings, so not sure how clean a re-install it was ;-)
Andrew
M6GTG
M6GTG

Postby Lauriston » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:53 am

Very low frame count here. Has something changed with the satellite? Signal seems weaker according to the display.

Paul VK3DBP
Lauriston

Postby KC7CES » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:27 pm

After a bit of trial and error (more error then trial) I finally got the dashboard to translate the data correctly. I first got it working last week a few times but started having problem this week. After I got everything stable I am finding a couple of problems I thought I would relate:

1. After I get a few frames (3 max so far on one pass) I find that on the next pass the software don’t seem to want to translate again until I have closed the dashboard and reopened it even though I am able to hear a clear signal (best was S-7 so far) using the “monitor Audio” Function. I have tried the “Clear” to remove the data but the data fields do not clear to zero or any kind of Null reading.
So the question is do I have to restart the program to get new data or will it accumulate if the software retains past data?

2. I click the “Save layout” function but every time I restart it still comes up in full screen and some settings will revert to factory defaults. Not a big deal really but thought I would mention it here. I also noticed that if I select the “Load Layout” then the screen changes to “message” screen. Am I missing something with the function or could it me disabled until next version?

Other than that I think you have a great thing running up there and enjoy reading the TLM from the satellite. thanks for all your hard work your doing there

One other question I was wondering, do you have another version of Funcube Satellite planned in the future, like maybe Funcube-2?

Equipment used
Icom 746
Discone Antenna
Ham radion Deluxe 5.24 used for Doppler tuning
Windows 7 OS
KC7CES

Postby wd9ewk » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:27 am

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
- Twitter: @WD9EWK
wd9ewk

Next