Funcube-1 Dashboard Error and uploads seem stuck

For the early roll-out of the Dashboard

Moderator: pa3weg

Funcube-1 Dashboard Error and uploads seem stuck

Postby VK2DWT » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:11 am

---------------------------
FUNcube-1 Dashboard Error
Sorry, an error has occured please seek help at forum.funcube.org.uk copying (CTRL+C) the following information

System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to set active document

at AvalonDock.DockingManager.CoerceActiveDocumentValue(DependencyObject d, Object value)

at System.Windows.DependencyObject.ProcessCoerceValue(DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EntryIndex& entryIndex, Int32& targetIndex, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& oldEntry, Object& oldValue, Object baseValue, Object controlValue, CoerceValueCallback coerceValueCallback, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, Boolean skipBaseValueChecks)

at System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveValue(EntryIndex entryIndex, DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType)

at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValueCommon(DependencyProperty dp, Object value, PropertyMetadata metadata, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType, Boolean isInternal)

at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValue(DependencyProperty dp, Object value)

at AvalonDock.DocumentContent.Activate()

at Dashboard.Window1.ExecuteShowSettings(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Input.CommandBinding.OnExecuted(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.ExecuteCommandBinding(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e, CommandBinding commandBinding)

at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.FindCommandBinding(CommandBindingCollection commandBindings, Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e, ICommand command, Boolean execute)

at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.FindCommandBinding(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e, ICommand command, Boolean execute)

at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.OnExecuted(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.UIElement.OnExecutedThunk(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Input.ExecutedRoutedEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object target)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)

at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)

at System.Windows.Input.RoutedCommand.ExecuteImpl(Object parameter, IInputElement target, Boolean userInitiated)

at System.Windows.Input.RoutedCommand.ExecuteCore(Object parameter, IInputElement target, Boolean userInitiated)

at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.TransferEvent(IInputElement newSource, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.OnExecuted(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.UIElement.OnExecutedThunk(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Input.ExecutedRoutedEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object target)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)

at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)

at System.Windows.Input.RoutedCommand.ExecuteImpl(Object parameter, IInputElement target, Boolean userInitiated)

at System.Windows.Input.RoutedCommand.ExecuteCore(Object parameter, IInputElement target, Boolean userInitiated)

at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CriticalExecuteCommandSource(ICommandSource commandSource, Boolean userInitiated)

at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
OK
VK2DWT

Re: Funcube-1 Dashboard Error and uploads seem stuck

Postby JanH » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:42 am

Hello, this is very interesting!

I have experienced a similar problem during a pass at 20:36:15 UTC on 18th November 2014 when the FUNcube Dashboard has hung up on two completely independent stations (FT-817+XP and RTLSDR+Windows 7).

Uploads to the Warehouse are usually only done after a pass and the problem was only then experienced. The Log files were thus complete and both show a corrupt header at that very instant. After lock-up no further frames were transferred to the Warehouse.

These are the telemery frame headers that were received:

Yaesu FT-817ND on Toshiba XP with 2m mobile whip:

414,1292,2014/11/18 08:35:58 PM,FUNcube-2 on UKube,19
599,1293,2014/11/18 08:36:15 PM,FC1 - EM,0 (Dashboard lock-up has occured on this one)
221,1284,2014/11/18 08:36:20 PM,FUNcube-2 on UKube,23

RTLSDR on ACER Windows 7 with East/West dipole:

506,1169,2014/11/18 08:36:03 PM,FUNcube-2 on UKube,20
1164,2014/11/18 08:36:15 PM,FC1 - EM,0 (Dashboard lock-up has occured on this one)
110,1148,2014/11/18 08:36:20 PM,FUNcube-2 on UKube,23

On both systems I have had a mixture of FUNcube-1 and UKube-1 telemetry frames that were awaiting transfer to the Warehouse.

So, this could perhaps have been a local glitch, but what a strange coincidence!

Jan ZS6BMN
JanH

Postby VK2DWT » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:44 am

Hi Jan,
Well strange but today I had the same error this morning our time 08.30 am ESST but this time funcube-1 uploaded ok then when ukube came not long after about 10 packets up loaded then the other 80 did nothing and no updates on the warehouse apart from the first 10 or so where is the problem?
Maybe the server is overloaded someone should check I was only using the funcubedongle pro + via 7 element horizontal beam and rotator controlled via HRD software, otherwise I use the IC910h with the same software.

I leave running most of the time and no problem with my internet at all so it has something to do with the warehouse end seeing we both have the problem hi.
Cheers Harry
VK2DWT

Postby g3vzv » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:55 am

Hi Harry,

Yes this is certainly "strange" but we have our team scratching their heads about it right now...sorry for the interference to the service. We are very grateful to have your uploads of course!

Yesterday we reached the 400MB mark of data received from the spacecraft and stored on the warehouse - not a bad result in just under a year with an effective downlink speed of just 600bpsk.

Another crazy stat is that on Friday FUNcube-1 will have travelled more than 15 million miles since launch.

Graham
G3VZV
g3vzv

Postby g4bbh » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:55 pm

I find uploads of Funcube-1 look OK but Ukube-1/FC2 has just failed to upload with 147 blocks queued and showing 'Error' for the pass about 21:20 GMT today.
For some weeks I have been running two instances of Dashboard with one FCD Pro+ to handle both birds successfully. Living 100m below the chalk that surrounds my QTH in Dover means my horizon is at or above 10 degrees so those 147 blocks probably account for data from two passes.
Dick G4BBH
g4bbh

Postby VK2DWT » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:42 am

Thanks Graham, well today both funcube-1 lost over 80 packets and ukube lost 50 odd no updates on warehouse don't understan that all of a sudden this is happening by the way am running W 8.1 on Dv6 core 2 duo laptop and the same happens on my I7 hp laptop same software hope u can find the issue soon bit frustrating when no go heh.

Amazing stuff the distance travelled and data collected even with modest gear 73 Harry
VK2DWT

Postby g0mjw » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:06 am

I noticed ~150 uploads from earlier in the week had not got through so I reset the software hoping that would fix it. It didn't. There are now 45 in the error queue but it is showing "654/45 Error", so its not that all of them are not getting through, just some. I have gone back to only running one instance for both funcube-1 and 2 so maybe this is it. I can go back to running two but the problem is the tuning window resets when I do this and the search then locks onto interference spikes and does not decode at all.

Mike
g0mjw

Postby g4bbh » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:19 am

Restarted whole system this morning. FC2/Ukube shows 54 blocks uploaded, 0 queued and OK but warehouse 'ranking' still show my count from last night. FC1 seems to be uploading normally this morning although I only managed 3 blocks on first pass. Funny that this has only just started as it has worked quite well for weeks.

PIty my little crossed 3 ele yagi with AZ/ELE (in the attic) can't track two birds simultaneously as the footprints are now overlapping again.
Dick G4BBH
g4bbh

Postby g4bbh » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:43 am

FC2/Ukube now showing 61/50 - Error.
Think I give up.
Dick G4BBH
g4bbh

Postby g4bbh » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:55 pm

Just a thought. I am using the same name and password for both instances of Dashboard. With the current overlap of footprints I could be uploading data for FC1 and FC2 simultaneously. Could this be confusing the warehouse system?
Dick G4BBH
g4bbh

Next

Return to Dashboard Software questions, problems and bug reports