[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
forum.funcube.org.uk • View topic - dashboard hangs at startup

dashboard hangs at startup

For the early roll-out of the Dashboard

Moderator: pa3weg

Re: dashboard hangs at startup

Postby Duncan » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:53 pm

Really sorry you are having such trouble, I think you have eliminated most of the easy to fix problems, I would be most grateful if you could find an English version of windows, to confirm it is a problem caused by the language settings.

In parallel I will endeavor to install Czech windows, though it may take a while to sort out...

Cheers,
Duncan.
Duncan

Postby ok1vaw » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:01 am

Maybe another hint, when trying to look, what is freezing, the whole capacity eats mscoree.dll , see the attachment.
Attachments
dashboard.jpg
dashboard.jpg (54.71 KiB) Viewed 11309 times
ok1vaw

Postby ok1vaw » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:36 pm

Next observations. Third computer tested (now relatively clear computer of my children, Czech XP Prof., no Frameworks, Celeron 2.4GHz, MSI board, Realtek Soundcard). After installing of the Framework 4.0 and waiting an hour for installing of all updates I can confirm that:
1) the dashboard IS WORKING on this PC, so the hyphothesis, that there is a problem with CZECH XP is wrong.
2) to be able to offline try the decoding, I was not able to use the WAV processing in the Dashboard (not implemented), so I needed to install VirtualCable and HDSDR, where the original data were recorded. Even after installing the VirtualCable, the Dasboard can be started on this PC - so commonly to say the VC is not the common cause of hanging.
3)I was able to test some first attempts to decode the previously recorded wave files on the Dashboard and send the data to the cluster.
Now it is opened, what could be the problem.
Maybe another idea - on both PCs, there was parallelly installed Framework 4.5 too...I have no other idea, what next..

Regards,
Vojtech, OK1VAW.
ok1vaw

Postby Duncan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:13 pm

Thanks for your research on this, I have just made some changes which I think will fix this, it looks like the code was getting stuck during port audio initialise. A similar problem has been seen in the Audacity software which is also built on port audio.
I have had another report of this fault from a user just round the corner from me, they are currently testing the fixed version.

Vojtech, if you fill in an email address on the forum details, I will also send you the test version to try...

Cheers,
Duncan.
Duncan

Postby ok1vaw » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:49 pm

I am not able to send you private message, so my contact is ok1vaw (at) qsl.net, there is my webpage too...
ok1vaw

Postby Duncan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:36 pm

Email sent...
Duncan

Postby Euan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:03 pm

I too have this problem - No screen appears, but the task manager shows quite a lot of CPU being used. Tried all the above suggestions, eg disabling virtual cable, soundcards and reinstalling. System is an old Compaq running Windows XP, sp2 with recently installed .NET Framework 4.
I've been working around the problem by recording audio from HDSDR (with doppler correction using HRD), and using the WAV files on another computer on which the Dashboard runs.
But a solution would be welcome!
Euan, M0GBZ
Euan

Postby ok1vaw » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:14 pm

ok1vaw

Postby Duncan » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:19 am

No errors my side, just sent again to alternate address...
Duncan

Previous

Return to Dashboard Software questions, problems and bug reports