Dashboard

For the early roll-out of the Dashboard

Moderator: pa3weg

Dashboard

Postby g8kuz » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:52 am

Hi
Saw/heard the pass at 10.20 via funcube dongle+, on SDR Console version 2.
Did not get a signal on Dashboard, so no decode.
Help!

Regards
John
g8kuz

Re: Dashboard

Postby Duncan » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:12 pm

I've just fixed a problem with the dc offset removal code, this is in the new 809 dashboard (available shortly) please give it another go...

Cheers,
Duncan.
Duncan

Postby g8kuz » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:09 pm

Hi Duncan
Thanks for the update, it worked this time on a very low pass.

Regards
John
g8kuz

Postby OH2FQV » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:15 pm

If you intent to save audio to your PC, with recording software.
Its essential to start Dashboard first and then your audio recording software. If done other order, other audio prevents Dashboard to operate correctly and heard the data path and it can find signal from the radio.

Just for your info.

:Jari OH2FQV
OH2FQV

Postby ka7fvv » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:43 pm

Having an issue with the new Dashboard version where it will not always go into decode mode. I am using sound card input for decoding and use the monitor audio option. The first time I installed the v809 it worked great. Since then It will not kick into decode even with a good signal and good tuning for doppler. Very frustrating.
ka7fvv

Postby Duncan » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:44 am

Have you tried reducing the sound card input level slightly, the signal may be clipping? Alternatively if you can share a I+Q recording from SDR# we could try decoding here, (the settings I prefer are 32bit float, baseband).

Cheers,
Duncan.
Duncan

Postby ka7fvv » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:32 pm

Still very frustrated with the dashboard. Perfect pass with a S3 to 5 signal and tuning to the doppler and when clicking Capture From Soundcard program would not go into capture mode. Just a moving ragged line in the tuning box. I have it set to Auto Tune and Monitor Audio. Range is 0 to 48000. I have only been successful in capturing data twice since installing V809. One pass yesterday I kept toggling the capture from soundcard on and off and for some strange reason it started capturing about 2/3 of the way through a pass. I am taking the audio from my phones jack into the mic input on my computer. Thanks. Scott, KA7FVV
ka7fvv

Postby Duncan » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:14 am

Is there any chance you could provide some screen shots, or a video as it's not obvious what's happening, are you getting an error message when it fails to go into capture mode? If so you should not get the "ragged line" ?
Also what are you connecting to the mic input of the sound card does it have any level adjustment? Or have you tried line/in rather than mic?

I assume you've checked for the obvious and closed down any other apps that could be using the sound card?

Cheers,
Duncan.
Duncan

Postby g0mjw » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:55 am

The levels may be too high but if I understand this correctly you have a radio tuned to USB and you are feeding its audio into the microphone. You are correcting for Doppler at the radio. Each time you tune the radio you will lose phase lock and this will cause an error - maybe that is the problem if you are tuning too often. Also you need a wide filter and the signal centred in it. None of the DSP stuff, Noise reduction etc should be running as it might mess things up. What is the radio?

Finally, it might be simply too weak -S3 is likely to be marginal but everyone has a different definition of S3 and S5. In my case, I only get packets reliably if the signal to noise is above about 100 of the y axis units.

Mike
g0mjw

Postby WB4SON » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:26 pm

I've had almost no issue decoding passes using a IC-9100 in USB mode. To be clear, because this rig has a fairly narrow filter (3.6 KHz is widest), I use automatic tuning to keep the carrier close to the center of the Passband. Despite the frequency being adjusted every few seconds I haven't noticed any packet loss. I'm picking up around 70 packets during non eclipsed passes. The only time I drop packets is when the SN gets too low during deep fades or toward the end of a pass when a spur starts to appear in the Passband and AutoTune locks onto that signal.

So in my case, AutoTune is working so well that even with a frequency step in the middle of a packet it is still decoding just fine. Impressive software!

73, Bob, WB4SON
WB4SON

Next

Return to Dashboard Software questions, problems and bug reports