[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
forum.funcube.org.uk • View topic - Dashboard

Dashboard

For the early roll-out of the Dashboard

Moderator: pa3weg

Re: Dashboard

Postby ka7fvv » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:41 pm

Thanks for the help. My radio is an IC-820H. So none of the fancy DSP filtering. I have no USB or CW filters installed. Just the way in came from the factory except the stability crystal installed. Feeding the audio into the mic input on the computer. There is no other input Duncan but it was worth looking. I have tried playing with levels via the volume. When the dashboard does go into capture mode it is easy to see when the level is to high. I have a SignaLink USB attached to this computer. I have tried not having the SignaLink the default mic and audio that is the usual setup for HF. Made the computer mic and speakers default and thought that was my problem but it did not change a thing. I tried that last night on a good pass to the west for me here in Spokane, WA. It is just odd how it will work sometime and not others. I see the center frequency in the dashboard settings. Should I set to that frequency and not track for doppler? Thannks for any other suggestions. 73. Scott, KA7FVV.
ka7fvv

Postby ka7fvv » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:07 pm

Still frustrated with the Dashboard not going into decode mode. Click Capture from Soundcard and get ragged line at the bottom of the screen but will not go into capture even with a 30 degree pass that just happened with a S7 signal tuned to doppler. See attached picture.
Attachments
Dashboard No Capture.jpg
This is the lower part of my screen after clicking Capture from Soundcard. No lock on the signal.
Dashboard No Capture.jpg (36.45 KiB) Viewed 8697 times
ka7fvv

Postby g0mjw » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:01 pm

The image you posted does not show any signal present. Can you post one with the signal so we can see it?

Mike
g0mjw

Postby n8mh » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:47 am

It doesn't look like the audio from your rig is getting into the Dashboard. Check the various settings, cables, etc. Something isn't right.

Here are 2 screenshots of the audio out of my TS-790A into a sound card--one scaled to match yours, the other stretched like I run it so I can see the spectrum better. Remember, it's only about 3kHz wide (the audio bandwidth of the SSB filters in the radio). You need to get yours to look like mine---it's showing audio, yours isn't.

N8MH_14 Dec. 02 22.42.gif
N8MH_14 Dec. 02 22.42.gif (64.68 KiB) Viewed 8695 times

N8MH_15 Dec. 02 22.42.gif
N8MH_15 Dec. 02 22.42.gif (43.82 KiB) Viewed 8695 times
Mark N8MH
n8mh

Postby ka7fvv » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:38 pm

That is my frustration. The program very seldom goes into capture mode. I have capured data but it is intermitant when it goes into capture and detects a signal into the dashboard.
ka7fvv

Postby Duncan » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:24 pm

I think you need to direct your frustration elsewhere, the dashboard is in "capture mode" otherwise the spectrum display would remain a flat line and you would have had an error message when selecting "capture from sound card".

Apologies if you've tried all this but, I can only really suggest simplifying your setup, remove/disable any sound devices, leaving only the one connected to the radio. From control panel set this as your default recording device, restart the dashboard, check "settings" make sure either default or the correct mic device name is selected from the input drop down list.
Now select the menu option "Capture from sound card" if the spectrum displays the "ragged line" then it is in capture mode and is ready to decode should a signal turn up.

If you have an actual microphone, plug it into the jack instead of the radio, shouting into it and watching the ragged line move will not only be therapeutic but also demonstrate that the dashboard is capturing from the correct device.

Once that is checked you need to move onto the radio setup, try tuning to a beacon or other strong signal, check that the dashboard display changes appropriately, if so it's just a case of tuning the radio to the FUNcube frequency and waiting for a pass, then try and get the display looking like some of the examples posted in this thread...

Good luck,
Duncan.
Duncan

Postby n8mh » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:38 pm

Here's another thought----I have set the Dongle or Radio to 144.390 and "watched" packets from the APRS channel in the spectrum display.

If you can't "see" APRS packets, you won't print any telemetry from the satellite.
Mark N8MH
n8mh

Difference in live and recorded files

Postby g0mrf » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:34 pm

Hi Dashboard folk.

I noticed a 'feature' this morning while viewing a graph of Hi resolution sun sensor telemetry.

Towards the end of a pass, having captured 30 frames while not connected to the internet, I looked at the -Z panel sun sensor data. I saw the most wonderful plot which looked like 0.75 wavelengths of a sinewave. Very smooth, no jumping values, a real text book waveform.

Having saved the data as a FUNcube.bin file, I replayed it about 20 mins later to send the data to the warehouse. Again I looked at the display for the -Z panel sun sensor....but this time the waveform had several jumps in value, so my nice smooth waveform was gone. The status bar showed the same 30 frames had been recorded, but the plot on the dashboard was very disjointed.

v.809

Thanks

David
g0mrf

Previous

Return to Dashboard Software questions, problems and bug reports