Is there a way to "zoom in" if using a soundcard?

For the early roll-out of the Dashboard

Moderator: pa3weg

Is there a way to "zoom in" if using a soundcard?

Postby WB4SON » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:46 am

I was wondering if there was a way to zoom in the tuning display when using a VHF SSB radio in the soundcard mode?

It looks like the tuning display was setup for the FunCube Dongle (makes sense) and takes advantage of the wide bandwidth. But when I'm using a VHF receiver (Icom IC-9100 using HRD for Doppler correction), the bandwidth is vastly restricted -- maximum of 3.6 KHz in my case.

Would it be possible to have that 3.6 KHz spread out to take up the entire display area across the bottom, rather than have it show up as a narrow slice on the far left?

73, Bob, WB4SON
WB4SON

Re: Is there a way to "zoom in" if using a soundcard?

Postby VK2FBRB » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:03 am

G'day Bob,

On the spectrum display, hold CTRL and left-mouse button while drag-selecting the area of spectrum you want to zoom.

To see all the helpful spectrum display commands, right-mouse click on the spectrum and select "Quick Help".

Regards,
Ben VK2FBRB
VK2FBRB

Postby g4bbh » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:04 pm

THANK YOU! My eyes were geting sore squinting at the edge of the display. A bit too easy to overdo it so thank goodness for the 'Fit to view' command.
Dick G4BBH
g4bbh

Postby WB4SON » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:07 pm

Thanks very much Ben -- I've now got things fitted. I haven't shut the app down yet, so I don't know if it remembers the settings or not, but they are simple to redo.

73, Bob, WB4SON
WB4SON

Return to Dashboard Software questions, problems and bug reports