[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
forum.funcube.org.uk • View topic - No sound

No sound

For the early roll-out of the Dashboard

Moderator: pa3weg

No sound

Postby g8kuz » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:54 pm

Hi
since downloading version 809 of Dashboard i'm not getting any sound o/p.
Is this a problem at my end (most likely, with my computer knowledge) or a software bug?

regards
John
g8kuz

Re: No sound

Postby 2e0sql » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:42 pm

Peter, 2E0SQL
2e0sql

Postby G3XWH » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:09 pm

Hi,

Even at full volume setting I hear nothing; is anyone getting reasonable volume? (have tried all three options Default device, Microsoft sound mapper output and Speakers High Definition Audio.
G3XWH

Postby G3XWH » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:11 pm

Hi,

Even at full volume setting I hear nothing; is anyone getting reasonable volume? (have tried all three options Default device, Microsoft sound mapper output and Speakers High Definition Audio.
G3XWH

Postby OH2FQV » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:53 pm

If you have non SDR radio, have you check that your radio really feeds line input?
And that line input is selected and level is set high from audio mixer in windows sound system.

If you have anything else what uses audio lines, like Skype or recording software, turn them off and start Dashboard again, then select from Dashboard menu "capture > Capture from soundcard".

At low left on the Dashboard window, theres a box to check, monitor audio. Checking the box you should hear feeded audio.
Uncheck it and audio disappears from pc speakers.
OH2FQV

Postby G3XWH » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:21 pm

Have now tried it on another PC (am using a Funcube dongle) and even on this, the audio is so low that it can only just be heard by putting an ear next to the speaker (all audio gains turned up full and sound output from other programs e.g. SDR # OK).
G3XWH

Postby G3WKW » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:37 pm

I have had exactly the same experience on Windows 7 and concluded sound was useless. Then for unrelated reason yesterday I performed a System Restore back about 10 days and therefore had to reinstall the Dashboard. Now it works fine, audio came blasting out and volume had to be turned down. Can't explain why though. ( I hadn't expected the System Restore to have deleted my browser downloaded files but at least it had kept a record and the URL so recovery was simple, except last night the file was unavailable for download so I first put on a ten day old version, but replaced it this morning with latest.)

Bob

G3WKW
G3WKW

Postby m0xtd » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:42 pm

Folks,

This is possibly something that has occurred as a consequence of the update from v806 to v809 when the issue with no display when using a FUNcube Dongle Pro+ was corrected. This does not affect the FUNcube Dongle Pro.

We are aware of it so please bear with us as it gets fixed.

In the meantime, it *does not* affect decoding. I have been successfully capturing and decoding the telemetry on both an Elk handheld antenna and a white stick! You can help the decoder by moving the auto tune range in close to the characteristic double peaked signal when you start reception.

73s

Ciaran
M0XTD
m0xtd

Postby Duncan » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:56 am

It may be that there are a couple of issues here, firstly when using a pro plus dongle the audio input level should be set high 50-100 as opposed to when using a dongle pro which should be set low 1-3.

Setting the level high will increase the monitored output volume, although it will still be very quite (with a pro+) until I implement agc on the audio out.

Alternatively there may be no audio out at all, one of the changes from 806 to 809 was that so long as the input audio device worked then capturing would continue. I though this was better than preventing capture just because the audio out device failed, although obviously it would have been better to warn at this point (I was in a rush!)

Cheers,
Duncan.
Duncan

Postby G3WKW » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:28 pm

I guess my first install progressed through 806 to 809 which had no sound. My reinstall would have omitted 806 as that had already been removed from my system so I went straight from the earlier version to 809 and that now works fine. Perhaps someone with the issue might try an uninstall and clean install of 809, rather than installing 809 over 806.

Bob

G3WKW
G3WKW

Next

Return to Dashboard Software questions, problems and bug reports