[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
forum.funcube.org.uk • View topic - The true operating frequencies

The true operating frequencies

For the early roll-out of the Dashboard

Moderator: pa3weg

The true operating frequencies

Postby g3vzv » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:21 am

As we know there is some discrepancy between the original published frequencies for the spacecraft and those we all experiencing in flight.

It is possible that the transponder input bandpass frequencies may also be varying due with the colder than expected temperatures being experienced. (We did launch in the winter:)) You can track the RF board temp on the telemetry.

We do not yet have final confirmation of the object number so the Doppler shift is probably not yet being precisely counteracted by the various software programmes which will be adding to the confusion.

So just at the moment we cannot give precise guidance on the uplink/downlink formula that users should employ but we are working on it and would appreciate input and observations.

Many thanks

AO73
Graham
g3vzv

Re: The true operating frequencies

Postby WB4SON » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:14 pm

Hey Grahan,

So far it looks like the UL freq must be shifted between 8.5 and 10.5 KHz UP (+) to get a CW signal in the DL Passband. Of course the CW pitch causes the UL to be shifted less so the actual number is higher by the amount of pitch. The variability is due to residual Doppler not corrected by the current TLE.

The precise offset isn't as important as the general magnitude as people might not try values quite that high (I didn't for the first three passes). So I'd call it approximately 10 KHz + (up) for now.

73, Bob, WB4SON
WB4SON

Postby g0mjw » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:41 pm

The last pass I measured an error of between +10 and + 12kHz. I am still not quite tracking correctly but its getting better. I am going with 435151 -> 145960 adding the line "AO-73,145960,435151,USB,LSB,REV,0,0,Transponder" to DOPPLER.SQF in SATPC32. I make the decode centre frequency to be 145.9365, or thereabouts.

I don't know why but I am consistently losing the last few minutes of the pass - it seems the satellite fading is synchronized and very slow, but it is equally likely to be bad luck and perhaps more likely to be incompetence on my part. There is quite a lot of arcing noise locally and I could do with a noise blanker on the FCD. I have not done any tuning since Sunday. The dashboard seems very reliable running for days at a time.

Mike
g0mjw

Postby wd9ewk » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:38 am

wd9ewk

Postby g0mjw » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:34 am

New Keps this morning - much better.
g0mjw

Return to Dashboard Software questions, problems and bug reports