[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
forum.funcube.org.uk • View topic - Dashboard Observations

Dashboard Observations

For the early roll-out of the Dashboard

Moderator: pa3weg

Dashboard Observations

Postby G4WNC » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:20 pm

Just been using Dashboard and FUNcube Dongle v1 and v2 to monitor this morning's overhead pass, so thought I'd offer my observations:

1 - 145MHz sensitivity of V2 Dongle seems very much better than the V1.

2 - Using a simple discone (8m above ground and 15m ASL) with V2 I was able to receive reliable telemetry until the FUNcube reached the Morocco/Western Sahara border today - I thought that was pretty impressive. My QTH is central south coast, IO90CU.

Dashboard Issues:
As soon as the FUNcube signal reduces to the same or lower level than the central spur, the Auto Tune cursor tends to lock on to the central spur and lose the satellite. I appreciate that it's easy to disable the Auto Tune as the signal fades but it's probably worth trying to fix this for schools. I'd also like to leave a FUNcube Dongle running unattended in the background, so a more reliable auto tune would enable me supply more data back to the warehouse.

The Monitor Audio feature works fine for the FUNcube Dongle v1 but with v2 it is virtually inaudible . Even with my volume settings on max. I can only just hear it.

The AMSAT team have done a fantastic job with the entire FUNcube project so please don't take this as a dig - just thought some feedback might be helpful.

PS: The Dashboard build in use here is v1.0.809.1

Mike Richards G4WNC
G4WNC

Re: Dashboard Observations

Postby Duncan » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:39 pm

Thanks for the feedback, have you tried limiting the range of the auto tuning such that the central spike is blocked out? This should all be described in the guidance notes found here...

The volume difference between the FCD and FCD Pro+ are down to the latter being a line in device, I need to add some AGC to the output, not hard, should be in the next release...

But glad to hear that despite the problems, you're still getting lots of telemetry.

Cheers,
Duncan.
Duncan

Re: Dashboard Observations

Postby G4WNC » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:44 pm

Hi Duncan,

Thanks for the reply. I realise that you can use the cursors to limit the tune range, I just thought it might be a bit confusing for new users. I guess they'll soon catch on.

Regards,

Mike
G4WNC

Return to Dashboard Software questions, problems and bug reports