running hdsdr and dashboard simultaneously

For the early roll-out of the Dashboard

Moderator: pa3weg

Re: running hdsdr and dashboard simultaneously

Postby Duncan » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:56 pm

A good test Mike, and interesting results, the AGC for the dashboard is only for display purposes, it has no effect on the audio stream that is decoded, as evidenced by the fact that monitoring the pro+ audio is inaudable.

Not sure what's causing the decoding differences, what frequency is the second instance of the dashboard decoding at, if the signal is at ~1200 Hz then it would be bypassing one of the dashboards down mixers and filters, which might do it...

Cheers,
Duncan.
Duncan

Postby g0mjw » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:14 pm

If its for display it seems to affect the tuning window. Its nominally 58kHz but in practice a little high so my decode frequency is 8-14kHz. On the inter instance it is 1-7kHz.

Last pass the SDR# demod got 29 more packets and each with typically 1/2 the error rate.

Mike
g0mjw

Postby n8mh » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:13 am

As Mike is aware from our previous discussion about this, I've been doing this for quite a while, using SDR-Radio to process the audio and feed into a Dashboard session. I always get better copy from that arrangement than the Dashboard running the native IQ from the FCDP+ (simultaneously).

So, something is different ;)

Mark N8MH
n8mh

Previous

Return to Dashboard Software questions, problems and bug reports