60 pupils eagerly waiting to track the FUNcube

The main aim of the FUNcube project is provide educationalists access to information about a real spacecraft in Low Earth Orbit. Please use this forum to discuss classroom projects and similar matters. FUNcube support is provided elsewhere in the forum.

Moderators: pa3weg, g4dpz, admin

60 pupils eagerly waiting to track the FUNcube

Postby JohnG7OHO » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:51 pm

Two classes of year 5 children are being combined to hear about the FUNcube satellite as part of their Space topic on Monday morning, 17th October. The satellite will practically 'fly' overhead. They can't wait!
JohnG7OHO

Re: 60 pupils eagerly waiting to track the FUNcube

Postby g3vzv » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:07 pm

Hi John,

That's great news...if you would like a fitter message to be uploaded please send an email to operations@funcube.org.uk with some requested text asap!

I hope you have a great event......

Graham
g3vzv

Re: 60 pupils eagerly waiting to track the FUNcube

Postby JohnG7OHO » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:00 am

Hi Graham
Thanks for the offer but the request for the FUNcube was short notice so I decided to just download the telemetry. I did show them the messages so they were interested to see the Scouts one and the University of Glasgow engineering.
The teacher said the pupils were fascinated by it all. This is what he wrote:
thank you for such a fantastic morning of activities - it was a superb learning experience for the children (and adults too!)
Both classes were brimming with excitement and inspiration going into lunch, and I’m sure it’ll be an experience they won’t forget.

We sent the data to the warehouse so they should be able to download the certificate and QSL card.
Fortunately that evening the ISS went over at 7.05pm so I was able to tell them as only a handful had actually seen it.

Another one coming up in November so I will definitely get a fitter message sorted.
Cheers, John.
JohnG7OHO

Return to Schools